Blanche E. Woolls Scholarship for School Library Media Service
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2015
NOTE: ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
The Woolls scholarship is awarded to a student beginning Library and Information Studies at an ALA-accredited school with the intention of pursuing a career in school library media service.
- Applicant must have been admitted to a graduate program in Library and Information Studies accredited by the American Library Association and have not completed more than 12 hours by the Fall semester following the March 15th deadline.
- Applicant should have the clear intention of pursuing a career in school library media service.
- One page autobiography. Applicants are judged upon several factors but the autobiographical piece is of prime importance.
- Up-to-date transcripts from all institutions of higher learning.
- Three letters or recommendation from academic instructors, employers, and/or supervisors of paid or volunteer work experience.
- Current Resume or Vita.
It is anticipated that the recipient of this scholarship will submit a paper pertaining to his/her study to Beta Phi Mu within one year of completion of study.