Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2015
NOTE: ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Up to six of these fellowships are awarded each year to doctoral students who are working on their dissertations in Library and Information Science, Information Studies, Informatics, or a related field. To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral-level research program at an institution with ALA, CILIP, or other Beta Phi Mu Executive Board approved accreditation.
- Current Vita.
- Met your program’s requirements for advancement to candidacy.
- Abstract of dissertation (300 word limit).
- Letter from Dean or Director indicating dissertation topic has been approved.
- Applicant’s candidacy has been advanced. All requirements for degree except writing and defense of dissertation have been completed.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement from applicant not to exceed 500 words relating to post-dissertation plans.
Please note: All Eugene Garfield Doctoral dissertation Fellowship awardees will be required to complete their dissertations within two years of receipt of the award and must submit an electronic copy of their completed dissertation.
Number of Awards
Up to six
Total Amount Awarded
Up to $18,000
To apply use this link: Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship